Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bittersweet Taste-unedited

At the young age of 25, I have already learned that stress consumes a huge chunk of one’s identity in the adult life.  As the years go by, it only gets worse; never better.  We’re forced to find ways to bring shimmers of happiness to our eyes & hearts.  For some, it’s vacations, music or sports; others, it’s fighting, shopping or abusing controlled substances. How we cope can give us our lives back or leave us dead already.

I have been fortunate to see much of the world and share experiences with so many personalities of people. This has allowed me to see the repercussions of various coping mechanisms, some of which I have chosen to try in my own battle with stress. This process has not only allowed me to see the endless opportunities one can triumph, but it has also helped me recognize that I am a rare being. While being a jack-of-all-trades can create more stress for a person, it can also provide more avenues to cash in for those glimpses of hope.

According to the astrological calendar, I am to be having a learning year, so naturally, I have been battling with stress. Tonight’s coping mechanism? The piano. I haven’t attempted to play the piano since I took an elective course at a community college. Hooray for being part of a generation that has great technology such as YouTube at our fingertips! After some searching, I decided upon an Adele song, titled “Someone Like You.”

This bittersweet battle with love that Adele describes compares to the battle with stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment